The New Google Maps feature that will boost your footfall19-06-2018
Do you own a local business and want to find novel and innovative ways to attract nearby customers? If so, then the new Google Maps local search ads feature will be music to your ears!
Google has now made it possible for local businesses to show an ad on Google Maps at the crucial moment when customers are looking online to find a place to eat, drink or shop. Like the sound of this? Read on to find out more about this feature and how your business can take advantage of it!
Why should you consider this?
We’re living in the age of instant search. If a person needs information, a product or a service, they can research it in seconds. They look online before anything else; sometimes even before asking the person sitting next to them. Research has shown that 50% of individuals who look for local businesses on their smartphones end up visiting within a day. Having your ad pop up while potential buyers are searching is a great way to grow your customer base.
How do you get started?
To be able to start advertising on Google Maps, you will need:
- To enable location extensions for your Ad Words account: Location extensions will display your ads attached with your address, your location in a map, and the distance to your business, making it easier for people to find your location.
- To set up or update your Google My Business listing: Once you have a listing, you can edit information about your business like hours, special hours, and photos. This will ensure that your business information on Google is correct and up-to-date.
It is worth noting that these search ads can induce three types of clicks:
- Get-location-detail clicks: when users click to enlarge ads from the results list
- Get-direction clicks: when users click to obtain directions to your business
- Clicks-to-call: when users click to call your business directly
How can this feature make your business stand out?
Imagine that a group of friends on a road trip get hungry along the way. If they are not familiar with the area, there’s a good chance that they will turn to Google Maps and search for the closest restaurant. With an ad on Google Maps, your restaurant will show up in the results not once, but twice! It appears once on the map itself and another time in the info cards underneath the Maps search box; undeniably making you stand out from the crowd of competitors.
Clearly, Google Maps ads are an invaluable opportunity for business owners as they allow your business to show up at the right time and place; exactly when potential customers need you!
Learn more how ICON can help you make the most out of your PPC campaigns.