One popular way in engaging online users on Facebook is to hold a contest be it a photo or video contest. Before you get started on planning make sure you are familiar with Facebook’s rules so you don’t risk getting banned.
Here is a quick summary on what you need to know when running a competition on Facebook:
- The product or service you are promoting has to be yours or of an authorised merchant or manufacturer.
- Make sure your contest does not break any laws rules or regulations and that you clearly state the official rules terms and eligibility requirements.
- Promotions must use Apps on Facebook and clearly state that Facebook has nothing to do with the contest.
- You can ask entrants to Like a page check in to a place or connect to your app when they enter the competition but that action alone cannot automatically enter them. You cannot ask them to take any other action on Facebook such as leaving a comment on your wall.
- The Like button cannot be used for voting.
- You cannot notify winner through Facebook.
Categorised in: Insights