Discover our top tips to get you started on Google+ Pages.
1. Use Google+ as a Page. To manage or edit Google+ as your page simply go to your Google+ profile homepage and click on the small down arrow under your name.
2. Add Images To Your Photostrip. To add images to create a ‘photostrip’ effect click on the blue ‘edit profile’ button and then click ‘Add some photos here’.
3. Use Public Albums. Be sure to share photos with all followers as albums in the Photos tab are visible only to people with whom they’ve been shared.
4. Fill Out Page Circles. As your brand page you can start adding other Google+ members and pages to your ‘circles.’ In order to add people to your circles they need to add your page to their circles first. The page circle options include: Following Customers VIP’s and Team Members. There are several options allowing you to control what follower info users can view on your page’s sidebar.
5. Disable Comments Option. You can disable comments on posts you share via your Brand page. When you disable comments on a post other people will no longer be able to leave comments (but they can still +1 and reshare it).
6. Plus One or Circle. There are currently 2 calls to action for your potential followers: Have them ‘circle’ you (or add your brand page to their circles) and +1 your page. It’s unclear currently how Google will leverage those who are +1-ing your page as it appears simply taking that action doesn’t allow the user to get any brand updates. Google is calculating how many users +1 your page into their search results. And they are still the masters at search. So it makes sense that this will be important in Google Search. We will have to wait and see.
7. Custom URL. Google isn’t yet allowing for customizing your brand page URL. However there have been several tools created for that purpose. I used this one to shorten my brand’s page: http://gplus.to/. ICON’s Page is simply redirecting from http://gplus.to/iconmalta as a short cut. So there are a few options out there if Google lags behind on this issue or worst case never offer.Digital Marketing, Google+, Social Media